Beat the Odds School Leadership Academy
Great schools require great school leaders, and CFA recognizes the critical link between strong principals and student success. Research studies have found that principals account for approximately 25% of a school’s total impact on student achievement. The role of principal has greatly expanded beyond purely administrative responsibilities to now include the role of instructional leader and architect of the school’s teaching and learning environments. Principals who act as effective instructional leaders are cited by classroom teachers as a key reason they continue to stay in the profession. Great school leaders create a culture of excellence, 开在学校的表现, and improve teacher retention and student outcomes. To be great, these leaders must be supported through a curriculum of training and development.
The Beat the Odds School Leadership Academy (BTO Academy) provides executive leadership training to current and aspiring school and district leaders across Arizona. Following the nationally recognized National Institute for School Leadership (NISL) curriculum, it draws on the strongest leadership development practices from education, 业务, and the military and is proven to impact student achievement for all learners. Graduates of the BTO Academy form a powerful community of school and district leaders equipped with the essential knowledge and 技能 to lead for excellence and equity, enhance teacher retention and quality, create a culture of high expectations in their learning communities, and raise achievement outcomes for all 学生.
The BTO Academy provides training to groups of 25-30 current and aspiring school leaders who come together over 12-15 months for in-depth, 基于探究的, and job-embedded executive development in a cohort-based format. Virtual and hybrid delivery models of the curriculum were added in spring 2020. Training is locally delivered by BTO Academy trainers who are proven Arizona education leaders, 领域内认可, 而在全国范围内NISL-certified. The BTO Academy recently expanded to include coaching and mentoring for school leaders. Coaches build a strong relationship with their principals and focus on individually supporting leaders’ ability to think strategically, 管理变更, and execute best practices in instructional leadership.
CFA launched the BTO Academy in 2017 with public-private investment support from the Office of the Governor, 赫利俄斯教育基金会, 伯顿家族基金会. CFA is rapidly expanding the BTO Academy to support educational excellence and equity in communities across our state.
- 训练有素的 30+ nationally certified BTO Academy trainers
- 训练多 345 学校领导在 52 public school districts and charter networks in eight counties, impacting 130,000+ 学生
- Designed and launched a research-based BTO Academy coaching model to support school leaders in implementing their knowledge, 技能, and action-learning in their schools and districts
- Created pathways for graduate credit and certification for BTO Academy participants through a significant partnership with Northern Arizona University
Receive these following documents by request - sent directly to your email inbox
- Alhambra Elementary School District
- Apache Junction Unified School District
- Arizona School for the Deaf and Blind
- Casa Grande Union High School District
- Deer Valley Unified School District
- Flagstaff Unified School District
- Littleton Elementary School District
- Madison Elementary School District
- Paradise Valley Unified School District
- Phoenix Union High School District
- Pinal County 教育 Service Agency
- Roosevelt Elementary School District
- Santa Cruz Union High School in Ajo
- TeamCFA & Western School of Science and Technology
- Tolleson Elementary School District
- Toltec Elementary School District
- nautica GearUp
- Northern Arizona State University
- Salt River Pima Maricopa Indian Community
- National Center for 教育 and the Economy